There are many causes of infertility among couples in India, but currently, approximately 15% of Indian couples are facing the problem of infertility, according to the Deccan Herald. This is quite an alarming number of infertile couples trying to conceive. But there are many causes of infertility and one among the common causes is tubal-factor infertility. This problem occurs when women are having problems in their fallopian tubes.
The Causes Of Tubal-Factor Infertility
Pelvic infections, scars in the pelvic tissues, surgery, endometriosis, or hydrosalpinx are some of the reasons for tubal-factor infertility. The eggs or the sperm cannot move about freely in the fallopian tube due to some form of blockage or impediment, causing a failure to conceive. But HSG treatment can overcome this problem.
When there is a hindrance in the fallopian tube, IVF doctors in Hyderabad will suggest a couple undergo a hysterosalpingogram or HSG test.
In an HSG test procedure, the X-Ray of the fallopian tubes and uterus is conducted. The procedure can be completed within 45 minutes, so it will not take a lot of your time. During the procedure, a very thin catheter with special radio-opaque contrast material dye is injected into the uterus through the cervix.
The dye will take the shape of the fallopian tubes and the uterus and thus become more visible. As the dye progresses inside the uterus and the fallopian tube, a fluoroscopic X-Ray takes place to see the reproductive system. If there is no hindrance in the parts concerned, the dye will move freely, proving that there is no issue there.
But the moment the dye stops travelling, you will automatically understand that there is some problem or blockage. But make sure you consult the best doctors in town because the HSG test cost in India is quite high.
The Preparation Procedure Of The Method
Before you decide on an HSG, think twice about all the pros and cons. The HSG test cost is not something that you can take up every other day. So prepare yourself accordingly. The preparative steps are:
- After your last menstrual cycle has elapsed by 7-10 days, the time is the right time for you to undergo the test
- You will be prescribed certain medications and drugs by your attending doctor
- Your food and drink consumption can be normal on the day of the test
- Ibuprofen is advised a few hours before the test to alleviate the pain
- Discuss with your doctor any query that you might have
- Be escorted if you are on anxiolytic
- Be present at the centre 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time
- Fill in the formalities
- Prepare by changing into a hospital gown
- After everything is complete, you will be spoken to by your doctor for consent for the procedure
This is how you prepare for a hysterosalpingogram test. You may feel certain discomfort in the body, but that is part of the procedure and your chance at parenthood. It goes totally against themini-laparotomy procedure, where a woman is prevented permanently from becoming pregnant with a minor surgical process.