Poly-cystic Ovary Disorder or PCOS, as it is known popularly, is one of the most common diseases among women. This is predominantly a hormonal disorder in women. There are various signs and symptoms which indicate the commencement of PCOS.
Many PCOS specialists in Hyderabad and all over the world believe that it is the current lifestyle which has given rise to this disorder. While there are several medical solutions available today, we give you three tips along with your medication to deal with PCOS effectively.
Before we dive more into the tips, let us look at the various symptoms which indicate PCOS:
- Irregular periods
- Abnormal weight gain or obesity
- Heart (cardiac) complications
- Acne or skin rashes
- Hair fall
- Excess facial and body hairs
- Anxiety and depression
- Insulin resistance
- Reduced fertility
How to fight PCOS and stay healthy?
While you may be on medication, there are some natural ways to go about the disease. Many PCOS specialists in Hyderabad also vouch for these tips.
Eating healthy and in the right amount is all you need to take on any disease. Some of the things to opt for in your diet are:
- Natural or unprocessed food items.
- Include fresh and seasonal fruits/vegetables in your diet.
- Incorporate grains such as wheat, brown rice, oats, millets, etc. into your diet.
- Choose nutritious, high–fiber carbohydrates foods
- Eliminate sugar or refined carbohydrates from your diet
- Balance carbohydrates with protein and healthy fats
- Eat small meals throughout the day instead of large meals
- Opt for healthier snacks such as dry fruits and nuts
Another crucial tip to help you deal with PCOS is exercise. Some form of physical activity is important. It helps you bring down your insulin levels. This is perhaps the best tip for those who are gaining excessive weight during this time. Some of the exercises which you can do are:
- Brisk walking – min. 20 minutes, max. 30 mins daily
- Swimming – 30 minutes daily
- Yoga – 1 hour daily
If you are not used to exercising every day, start with a moderate stroll after meals. Then go on to selecting an exercise which you enjoy. Eventually, with the help of a trainer, chalk out your fitness regime. Combine exercise with a healthy and nutritious diet as mentioned in the point above and, you will be able to deal with PCOS easily.
Many PCOS specialists in Hyderabad and all over the world believe that chronic stress only worsens the disease. Hence, it will be wise to look for ways which can help you to de-stress. One of the things to do is get a good sleep of at least 7 to 9 hours. Pranayams, meditation, full-body steam, regular full-body massages, and Kati Snan are ancient techniques to de-stress your mind and body.
These tips are not just important for dealing with PCOS but also help you have a better lifestyle. And, a good lifestyle invariably helps to live a healthier life.